How to apply for driving license in up online. Getting a driving license in Uttar Pradesh is not a tough job if you are well aware of the process that is required to be followed. A driving license is a very crucial document if you plan to drive on the public roads of UP. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide on how to apply for driving licence in UP. Also. we have explained the procedure for obtaining an international driving permit and renewing the driving license in Uttar Pradesh.
Types of Driving License in Uttar Pradesh
Depending on the type of vehicle you want to drive, you will have to apply for the license at your nearest regional transport authority (RTO) office.
- Driving license issued for a motorcycle without gear:This type of license is issued to individuals who want to drive motor vehicles such as mopeds and scooters without gear.
- Driving license issued for light motor vehicles:This type of license is issued to individuals who want to drive motorcycles and light motorcars such as a car, bike, etc. with gear.
- Driving license issued for transport vehicles:This type of license is issued to individuals who want to drive heavy motor vehicles such as a trailer, lorry, truck, etc.
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
how to submit your driving licence application form
- Visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- On your left hand side, you will see options under “Driving Licence”.
- Choose “Apply Online” option and from the drop down choose “New Driving Licence”.
- You will now see instructions for submitting your driving licence application form. Please read the instructions carefully and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Once you click on the “Continue” button, will be asked if you are holding a Learner’s Licence, a Foreign DL, or a Defence Licence. Tick the appropriate box and proceed.
- Based on what you selected above, you will be asked for the Learner’s Licence Number/Foreign DL NUmber/ Defence Licence Number.
- You will also be asked to enter your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format.
- Once you fill the information asked, please click on “OK”.
- In this form, you will be asked to fill up your personal details like your name, age, and address.
- Once you click on all the details, you will be asked to upload all the required supporting documents like address proof, age proof, and identity proof.
- You may be asked to upload a passport size photograph and your signature. Please keep the scanned copies for the same ready.
- Once you have uploaded all the documents, you will be asked to choose the timing for your DL appointment. Please select the date and the time when you will be available to go directly to the RTO and appear for your DL test.
- Once you make the payment to submit your driving licence application form, your application will be successfully sent to the RTO.
- On your appointment day, make sure you reach few minutes early and give your test.
The section is to be signed in the presence of the Licensing Authority by the parent/guardian.
On completion of the form and after reviewing the information, the applicant can submit the form online by clicking on the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the form.
On submission, an auto-generated Web Application Number will appear on screen. Note the number for future reference and to check the status of the application.
Documents Required for Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh
When applying for driving licence in UP, the applicant must submit the following documents to RTO office.
Any one of the following Age proof-
- Educational certificate
- Birth certificate
- Attested copy of the passport
- Certificate issued from the employer if you are working for state/ central government or a local body.
Any one of the following Address Proof
- Voter’s ID
- Ration card
- LIC policy bond
- Valid passport
- Employers certificate issued by local/central or state government
- Application form 4
- Application form 5 in case of applying for a commercial driving license
- Original learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
How to Apply for Driving Licence Online in Uttar Pradesh?
To apply for a permanent driving licence online in Uttar Pradesh, you need to follow the below procedure-
- Step1 : Visit www.uptransport.co.in and download the form and print it
- Step 2: Fill all the details and submit the forms at the local RTO
- Step 3: Submit all the necessary documents
- Step 4: Obtain a slot for the driving test
- Step 5: Once you have passed the test, you will get your license in 2 to 3 weeks
- Step 6: The form can be also submitted and uploaded online by following the below steps-
- Step 1: Visit sarathi.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on ‘Application for new DL’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘New driving license’
- Step 4: Enter all the required details and submit all the documents
- Step 5: You will be given an application number
- Step 6: You can also schedule your driving license test
- Step 7: Appear for the test on the given day
- Step 8: If you pass the test, you will receive your driving license in a few days
Words used to Search- driving licence online form, driving licence download, online apply for renewal of driving licence in up, driving licence application status, check driving licence number, driving licence apply online, driver license check by name.
We hope you have enjoyed our work, if you liked it Please help us reach more people like You. Share this article with your Friends using below buttons. Sharing is Caring 💗